SHIELD Engagement Training events place alliances in battles against each other for valor points. The alliance who wins the battle receives bonus valor points. Valor points determine individual and alliance rankings and rewards for the multi-day event.
Since this event has ramifications for everyone in the alliance, here are a few rules to help us make the most of the event.
COMMUNICATING BEFORE AN ALLIANCE BATTLE
Most of the alliance members use the LINE app to communicate; however, a number of our members are unable to use LINE due to chat restrictions on work phones and tablets. Therefore, our communications should be two-pronged as follows:
- If you are on LINE and wish to battle:
- Post a message in the chat room to see how many people are ready to fight.
- Post a message to the in-game forum to see if there are members not on LINE who are ready to participate
- If you are not on LINE and wish to battle:
- Post a message to the in-game forum to see who is ready to fight
- Ask another member of the alliance to post a message in the LINE chat room
- THIS IS NON-NEGOTIABLE. You must gauge how many people are ready to fight before launching the alliance into battle. Failure to do this is grounds for expulsion from the alliance after the event.
HOW MANY OF THE BRAVE 3OO DOES IT TAKE TO START A BATTLE?
Okay, that sounds like the lead-in for a joke, but it's not. Please, make sure that there are a minimum of four alliance members ready to fight prior to launching a battle.
Also, get a sense of how much attack power the group has available. If you have 4 people but they each only have one ATK round, that's not likely to win the battle.
ITEMS TO CONSIDER BEFORE LAUNCHING AN ALLIANCE BATTLE
- Make sure that the DEF Leader's defense points have had a chance to recharge since the previous battle. Going into battle puts a bullseye on the DEF Leader's back, so it is crucial that they have had time between battles to recuperate.
- Current DEF Leader(s) -- TBA on Tue, May 7th
- Try to make sure that at least one OFF Leader is available to fight. OFF Leaders are chosen due to the strength of their ATK decks and are the most likely alliance members to take down an opposing alliance's DEF Leader.
- Current OFF Leader(s) -- TBA on Tue, May 7th
- Along those lines, try to make sure that at least one Wall-Breaker is available to fight. The alliance has given them cards with wall-breaking bonuses, and they have created decks especially for destroying Protection Walls.
- Current Wall-Breakers -- Bschaef1, ij2j, JaminBilson
WHY CAN'T I JUST LAUNCH A BATTLE WHENEVER I WANT?
Because launching an alliance battle affects all of us. If someone puts us in a battle before we have had a chance to recover from the last one, then we are not able to maximize our performance in this event.
A TIP TO HELP WHEN BATTLING OTHER ALLIANCES
Tap before you attack. When facing another alliance in battle, it can be difficult to determine which opponents can be defeated with your ATK deck. Instead of losing a lot of ATK points by hitting an unbeatable foe with your standard attack deck, try this:
- Put together a deck comprised of one Mockingbird or similar card with a PWR Req of 2.
- Attack the opponent with this one-card deck.
- See what they are using for the DEF deck.
- Determine which of your ATK decks has the best chance against the opponent.
- Commence with kicking ass.
Remember, this is a group event -- so check-in with the group to make sure we are all working together.
Now, let's kick some ass!